How many of you feel tired?
How many are too tired to lift their head off the pillow in the morning, we all live in an ever increasing stressful world, but we have to watch the dangers of developing a tired soul =(mind/intellect or emotions)
I want to look at some men of God who got tired…. And how it impacted on their life and vision, we can learn and hopefully avoid their mistakes
Whenever you embark on something new, a move of house, a change of career or moving your church to a new building or even something like having a baby, you can run the risk of developing a tired soul. Some may be in the position of a tired soul as a result of challenges in your health for an extended period of time, or being under consistent financial pressure for months, or simply being in a relationship that is demanding, or draining or filled with drama, drama, drama.
Remember the story of SAMSON in the Bible He was not overcome because of a lack of strength, he lost the fight way before that, he was overcome by the constant nagging of Delilah, to the point where he desired to die, that is some serious nagging, he was overcome by tiredness in his soul, which effect your mind, intellect and emotions.
Even Jesus got tired, If you are never tired you are probably not doing enough for God.
When we become tired and loose our strength like Samson did, other people suffer, the whole of Isreal was affected, because of the situation with Samson. Judges 16:1-15
One of the first things that happens is he sees a prostitute and goes in to be with her, so we all know which head dictates to this guy. After getting involved with Delilah, this brother does not seem to get the fact that she means to hurt him, you would think that he would get it, but no……
I’ve heard this joke being told about how God has a discussion with a man and says he is going to bless him with 2 things a brain with will be able to bring him much pleasure as he develops it, and a penis which will also bring him much pleasure but there is one problem, he will only have enough blood to operate one at a time.
This seems to be the problem here with Samson. When is this brother going to get a clue what she is after his strength?
Vs. 16…. with such nagging until the strongest man in the world was sick to death
He wanted to die…you may think : “Wow, that’s rough” but my question to you is:
“WHAT’S NAGGING YOU?’
THIS IS NOT A MESSAGE AGAINST WOMAN IT’S AGAINST THE EFFECTS OF TIREDNESS…
Have you realized that wisdom in the Bible is always referred to as a SHE? And foolishness is referred to as a HE. So wisdom is a SHE and foolishness is a HE… (just saying he he he)
She nagged him until the strongest man in scripture was exhausted and he told her the secret to his strength…. What is nagging you to the point where you are going to loose your strength? When something nags at you, your soul becomes tired…and it’s a dangerous place to be…Many of these men of God wanted to die as a result of a tired soul.
HERE’S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR SOUL GETS TIRED.
1. When your soul gets tired you give away the secret of your life.
- The enemy wants our souls tired… and I’m here to tell you, we need you strong….God needs you to finish your race strong.
- We don’t need you to get weak in your soul, you need to realize God has got so much more for you to do.
- When your soul gets tired you start confiding in the wrong people who do not have your interest at heart.
- The enemy is trying to weaken us by tiring our souls…..
- When your soul is tired you confide in inappropriate people, maybe you’re not feeling it in your marriage any longer, and you start talking to the wrong person at work.
2 Sam 11:1
How about the story of DAVID he also made some mistakes when he got tired, this was not a time that he should delegate war to someone else. This was a time that KINGS GO TO WAR, and not A TIME TO sit at home. There are some emails only you should respond to or some phone calls only you should take care of…when you have a tired soul you tend to palm things off on others that should not or are not equipped to deal with it correctly, or in the right spirit or attitude.
But he did not go, he stayed home because he was tired, and he must have become restless wonder what was happening at war, because he should have been at war, if he was were he was supposed to be he would not have ended up in adultery and committing murder (with reference to the adultery, he could not have been that tired! Last I checked adultery took work)
2. When your soul gets tired you become vulnerable.
And unsettled, undisciplined, unfaithful, uncommitted person can influence you, talk to you about things about church or other people that unsettle you. Things like temptation and compromise become something you are vulnerable to.
What about ELIJAH who also got tired …. He was an amazing man of God, he out ran a chariot, he called fire down from heaven and turned a whole nation back to God, put a bunch of prophets of Baal to death… that ‘s victory man, that’s successful but ONE PERSONS (JEZEBEL’S) NEGATIVE COMMENT GETS TO HIM AND PUTS HIM into a downward spiral
1 KINGS 19:4 He wanted to die, and he isolated himself, which is another thing we tend to do when our souls are tired.
3. With a tired soul you loose perspective and you undervalue what you have.
- You don’t see the good in your life anymore
- You no longer thankful
- You look to what you don’t have, rather than what you do have
- You undervalue your life, your marriage, your job…. that same job that was an answer to prayer 3 years ago is now no good, they don’t pay enough, your boss is an idiot.
- The church you loved, is now not meeting your needs
- The parents you said you loved, have now got all kinds of flaws
- When your soul gets tired you undervalue what you have
- Look at what we have here, look at your kids, your church your job, your family and be thankful.
Let’s have a look at ESAU he is a man’s man he hunts he goes out to get the bacon so to say, his brother was not…ESAU LEAVEs TO HUNT AND SAYS “I’ll supply for our family for the winter.”
Esau comes back from the hunt and he has nothing to show for it, he is tired and hungry and his brother (the mommy’s boy who was taking cooking lessons while he was away) comes out of the kitchen with a common bowl of soup
And Jacob says: “how about some soup, if you give me your birthright I’ll give you some soup,” and Esau says: “ what use is my birthright if I’m going to die.”
How many of you know that with a tired soul you can exaggerate your situation badly, you pull it out of proportion, but in that moment he could not think past his next meal and he gave up his birthright, the most valuable thing he had
With a tired soul you will undervalue what you have, that job, that car, that husband, that church, that pastor, you’re family, your birthright, and your inheritance.
4. When your soul gets tired you underestimate the impact of your decisions.
You say things like I’m leaving my church, I’m leaving my job, I’m leaving my husband. And in our case we had someone say: “ I’m leaving my family, my job and my church”…. you under estimate the impact of your decisions.
Am I talking to anyone?????
It’s amazing how many times people are in a job, faithful at it and then up and leave at the time when promotion and great opportunity come along. The promotion that would have been yours, but you missed out on it. So many times I have seen this in my life and in the lives of other…
People leaving their husband, not even considering the kids and the impact it will have on them…it’s a tired soul that’s all!!!!! You will always regret it when underestimating the impact of your decision.
What is that saying to those kids? When things are tough in the marriage, just walking away, quit, and just takes the easy way out. It brings ruin, and so many complications, hurt, pain to the family, because you thought it would be easier than working out the complications or problems in the marriage.
When your soul gets tired you underestimate the impact of your decisions… We get people who leave the church for the strangest reasons, and most of them are not valid or make any sense…
Listen if YOU keep showing up at the same scene of the accidents the only common denominator is YOU.
- “Every church I’ve ever been to, I have been hurt “ REALLY! you are the only common denominator
- “Every guy I’ve ever dated was a loser”, every guy…you may want to take a good look at yourself
The last thing you should be doing is leaving church, this is the only safe environment where you can work on your issues. Like Bishop Deric always says on when the Israelites are circumcised (disciplined) they need to learn to do as the bible instructs them to and that is to bleed in the camp (in the church) and you will be made whole
The problem with leaving is YOU take YOU with YOU…. Its just a matter of time and the same old cycle will repeat itself on you, I’ve been in ministry for 30yrs I’ve seen a lot of this.
The best advise I got from a woman who is in the ministry and divorced is:
“ No matter what happens, you do not get divorced, you work it out because if you don’t you will live to regret it like I do…”
The only time I feel divorce is valid between two born again believers who love God is in the case of physical abuse and of course the bible gives permission for adultery, which is not always a good reason unless trust is broken down beyond repair (but this is a whole other subject that I should maybe blog about later) You may want to stick it out, keep your wife, keep your kids, keep your church, keep your job…work it out and walk it out…
Because many of these people who quit or took the easy way out, I meet years later 5 and 10 yrs. later and everything in their life has fallen apart and they have lost everything. They become what the bible says: – spiritual hobos – vagabonds
With a tired soul you underestimate the impact of your decisions…
Just tell yourself right now, this is not personal, say this: “DON’T WORRY THIS IS FOR ME, NOT FOR SOMEONE ELSE, SHE IS JUST TRYING TO HELP ME RIGHT HERE A BIT”
5. When your soul gets tired you don’t think right.
- You think divorce is the best option
- You think leaving the church is your best option
- You think leaving your job is the best option
- You think leaving the band is the best option
- You think leaving the country is the best option
COME ON! STICK IT OUT MAN.YOU CAN MAKE IT YOU ARE BIGGER THAN YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES WHEN YOUR SOUL GETS TIRED SO MANY THINGS GO WRONG, BECAUSE you are just not thinking straight
6. When our soul gets tired you loose your vision
Samson was subdued and they gauged out his eyes – the devil wants to tire you out because he is after your vision And the only thing that is stopping him from getting it is your strength The only way he can get to your vision is by making your soul tired because that steals your joy and ultimately your strength THAT’S WHY WE NEED GOOD FRIENDS THAT WILL SPEAK TRUTH INTO OUR LIVES
YOUR STRENGTH GUARDS YOUR VISION: –
THE ENEMY IS AFTER YOUR VISION
- TO BE A BLESSED MAN OR WOMAN
- HAVE BLESSED KIDS
- BE APART OF A BLESSED CHURCH THAT IS HEARING FROM GOD
- BE BLESSED FINANCIALLY, BE HEALTHY AND WHOLE
- THE ENEMY IS AFTER THAT STUFF
HE CAN ONLY GET IT, IF HE GETS YOUR STRENGTH AND YOU LOOSE THAT THROUGH A TIRED SOUL. WE NEED YOU STRONG AND ALIVE AND AWARE WHAT IT IS THAT THE ENEMY IS USING TO TAKE YOUR STRENGTH…. COME ON STAND up on the inside AND PRAISE GOD RIGHT NOW THAT THE ENEMY HAS BEEN UNCOVERED, HIS STRATEGY IS REVEALED
STAND UP ON THE INSIDE… TAKE BACK YOUR STRENGTH – KNOW THAT YOUR HAIR IS GROWING BACK AGAIN LIKE SAMSON AND BISHOP DERIC lol
HOW DO I GUARD MY STRENGTH:
1. REGULARLY PRACTISE THE PRESENCE OF GOD
IN HIS PRESENCE IS FULNESS OF JOY – pray in tongues regularly keep you built up TO YOUR MOST HOLY FAITH IF YOU ARE AGGRESSIVE, COMPLAINING, BITTER, UNFORGIVING, HOLDING A GRUDGE, REFUSING TO APOLOGIZE ETC…. STAY IN HIS PRESENCE YOU ARE NOT DONE YET, YOU NEED MORE OF HIS SPIRIT, BE AWARE OF HIS PRESENCE ALL THE TIME
2. DIET AND EXERCISE – EATING THE RIGHT FOOD
WHEN I’M DOWN, I WANT CARBS AND CARBS MAKE ME PUT ON WEIGHT SOME PEOPLE TURN TO ALCOHOL OR PILLS OR PROSTITUTES… IN THE CASE OF ELIJAH – THE ANGEL SAID; “ GOD HEARD YOUR PRAY GOD BAKED A CAKE AND GAVE HIM WATER AND HE WENT TO SLEEP AGAIN.”
GOD’S REMEDY: – TAKE A BREAK, EAT A CAKE AND HAVE A SLEEP, LOL
3. TAKE A BREAK AND REST: You cannot go into a corner at full speed, because if something unexpected happens you have no room to adjust We need to keep the balance in our lives So take a rest, get away from the normal activities you do, do something different, make sure you get a lot of sleep, even at the beginning stages of depression if you get enough sleep the symptoms will get better.
4. MAKE THE CLUSTER OF BREAD. WINE AND OIL APART OF YOUR LIFESTYLE Why? Because they focus you on the finished work of Christ everyday, the fact that we live by grace by drawing from the tree of life and rejecting the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (REASONING) this is walking or living in the spirit. Looking unto Jesus daily and looking away from everything else that will distract you from enjoying our inheritance in Him.
If you are a member of Light of the Nations we need you strong, YOU NEED YOU STRONG, stop the attack of the enemy on your life NOW…
- RECOGNISE HE IS TRYING TO GET YOUR SOUL TIRED
- STAND UP ON THE INSIDE
- SHAKE OFF THE APATHY
- TAKE ON A NEW STANCE
- HE IS NOT GOING TO STEAL YOUR VISION
- WE HAVE A HEART AND MIND TO BUILD YOUR LIFE AND THE CHURCH, WHICH IS PART OF THE BRIDE, THAT JESUS GAVE HIS LIFE FOR.
- HANDLE THE BRIDE WITH EXTREME CARE AND NEVER BE CAUGHT SLINGING MUD AT HER
HAVE A FAB WEEK, ALWAYS REMEMBER THERE IS HOPE IN THE DARKEST OF HOURS AND THERE IS ALWAYS SOME WHO WILL GENUINELY CARE AND LOYALLY LOVE YOU, AND HIS NAME IS JESUS!
Ps Belinda Linley